Commercial PVC Roofing
A highly durable, chemical resistant solution. An obvious choice for restaurants and many other commercial roofing applications.
Get Your Free Roof Inspection
Why Commercial PVC Roofing?
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) roofing systems are similar in many ways to the popular TPO roofing systems. PVC roofing systems are manufactured as a single-ply membrane that is both thick and flexible, much like TPO materials. While TPO roofing systems are more popular than PVC roofing systems within the commercial building sector, the two options are similar, and PVC systems do possess some advantages over TPO systems in certain roofing projects.
Call for a Free Inspection:
Commercial PVC Roofing
- A PVC roof system has a white reflective surface and is thus more energy efficient.
- It has great resistance to tears and to chemicals and animal fats, hence why PVC systems are often used in restaurant roofing projects.
- However, it is 10-20% more expensive than a TPO system and the chemical formulation has not been changed for decades.
- The major advantage of PVC roofing systems, as opposed to other types of roofing membranes, is their chemically-resistant properties.
- Unlike many types of roofing materials, PVC roofing systems do not absorb chemicals or fumes and are more resistant to chemically-induced degradation.
- This makes PVC roofing a great choice for different types of businesses that are located near significant chemical emissions or that produce chemical emissions themselves.
- Restaurants commonly produce oil from grease traps and from appliance systems in the kitchen.
- Resists tears, chemicals, and animal fats. A PVC roof will not absorb the oils, grease, or fumes produced by the restaurant, meaning that it will last longer and stay durable and protective despite chemical exposure.
- For buildings located in industrial regions or buildings that produce chemicals, such as airports and factories.
- PVC is a great choice because the chemicals and gases in the environment in these locations will not impact the roof, as the PVC material is resistant to these elements.
- If you have a commercial property in an area that experiences chemical output, or you own a business that produces oils and gases, PVC roofing is a great choice for a durable, cost-efficient, protective roofing system for your building.
Posts from our resources related to PVC Roofing and Re-covers
Commercial Re-Cover Projects
A few completed Re-Cover Portfolio projects by Parsons Roofing Company. We always recommend a roof re-cover when a roof is not suitable for a commercial roof coating but can still support a second layer. We use the top roofing industry products such as Versico Versiweld 60mil TPO with Long-lasting duration with NDL warranty options. Read more about the benefits of a roof re-cover.